Kunsthal Aarhus wants to invite you to the opening of GO EXTREME - an extensive new exhibition project that turns our art center into a living space of extreme physical and psychological performances.
Go Extreme manifests the meeting between art and extreme sports, between the creative and the commercial, the entertaining and the existential.
A number of Danish and international artists have created works that give different perspectives on the human pursuit of reaching beyond the physical and psychological limitations of the body.
On the 28th of August, we open the doors to GO EXTREME's three exhibition parts for the first time: THE ANATOMY OF THE EXTREME, BODIES AND BEYOND, and EXTREME FITNESS.
For the big opening, we have created a program that includes everything from climbing on our new psychedelic climbing wall to experiencing professional battles of martial arts in our GO EXTREME MMA arena.
- Opening speech by GO EXTREME curator and project director, Peter Ole Pedersen
- Speech by Peter Falktoft, TV- and radio host as well as experienced X-games commentator, and the unveiling of new extreme sculpture in the park
- Free GO EXTREME beer brewed by Svaneke Brewery
- Learn to climb with free climber Esben Seir, Search for Lines
- Talk with ultrarunner Kristina Schou Madsen, artist Trisha Cheeney and GO EXTREME curator and project director, Peter Ole Pedersen
- Boxing match in the GO EXTREME arena
- Buy food in the yard
- Saxophone concert by Princess_Waterfall in Galleri 1
- Muay Thai fight in the GO EXTREME arena
- DJ Brush & Dee J's 4 Joy
Kunsthal Aarhus & the bar is open 3-11 pm.